City Clerk, re: Minutes of the Regular City Council meeting of September 20, 2022 and the Special City Council meeting of September 20, 2022
Glendale Water and Power, re: Plans and Specifications for the Emerald Isle 1666 Tank and Glendale Recycled Water Tank Rehabilitation Project.
- Resolution adopting Specification No. 3934 and Plan No. 6960-E for Emerald Isle 1666 Tank and Glendale Recycled Water Tank Rehabilitation Project, and directing the City Clerk to advertise for bids
Libraries, Arts, and Culture, re: Library, Arts and Culture, re: Poet Laureate Pilot Program Recommendation
1. Motion directing staff to implement a Poet Laureate Pilot Program
2. Resolution of Appropriation in the amount of $20,000
Human Resources, re: $500,000 in grant funds from the PDC of Glendale Community College were not included as a part of the FY 2022-23 approved budget. Therefore, staff requests an appropriation of $500,000 from State Grant Revenue. The appropriation request is outlined below:
1. Motion accepting $500,000 in State of California grant funds which are being provided and administered by the Professional Development Center of Glendale Community College, to enable employment training for full-time City of Glendale employees.
2. Resolution appropriating $500,000 from the State of California.
Public Works, re: Urban Forestry Grant Tree Planting and Maintenance Program Contract Increases
City Manager, re: Cancellation of October 4, 2022 Regular Meeting and Adding October 11, 2022 Regular Meeting to the Council Calendar for the 2022-23 Fiscal Year
Police Department, re: 2022-2023 Grant from the State of California Office of Traffic Safety, Selective Traffic Enforcement Program, for distracted driving, Vehicle Code, bicycle, pedestrian, and driving under the influence violations.
1. Motion to approve the Glendale Police Department’s participation in the State of California Office of Traffic Safety Selective Traffic Enforcement Program and authorize the City Manager, or his designee, to accept grant funds in the amount of $285,000 and execute the necessary agreements, certifications, and other documents required to accept the grant funds.