(STAFF ACCESS ONLY) COUNCIL CHAMBERS 613 E. Broadway, 2nd Floor Glendale, CA 91206
Welcome to Glendale City Hall. Meetings are broadcast live on cable channel 6 (GTV6) and rebroadcast throughout the week. Call (818) 548-4013 for program schedules. DVDs of the proceedings are available for purchase in the City Clerk’s Office. Meetings are also archived on the City Website for viewing anytime at https://www.glendaleca.gov/government/public-meeting-portal. If you have any question about matters on the agenda, or requests for assistance, please contact the City Clerk at (818) 548-2090 during regular business hours.
PLEASE TURN OFF CELLULAR PHONES WHILE INSIDE THE COUNCIL CHAMBER.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, auxiliary hearing aids, sign language translation, and Braille transcripts are available upon request. Assisted listening devices are available same-day upon request. At least 48 hours (or two business days) notice is required for requests regarding sign language translation and Braille transcription services. All documents related to open session items on this agenda that are received less than 72 hours prior to this meeting, and are public records, will be available for review in the Office of the City Clerk, 613 E. Broadway, RM 110, Glendale, CA 91206.
Translation services are provided for meetings through the use of bilingual staff for speakers who wish to utilize the service as available. Speakers should state their request by contacting the City Clerk’s office at (818) 548-2090, at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled meeting. Please specify the language for which you require translation. The exclusive use of City provided interpreters is not required and persons are welcome to use their own interpreter or speak in their native language.
January 12, 2021
Due to the evolving situation with the COVID-19 novel coronavirus and health recommendations from the LA County Health Department, the Glendale City Council meeting will be available to the public electronically.
Due to social distancing requirements, the public will not be able to attend the meeting. The public is encouraged to watch and participate from the safety of their homes to practice social distancing.
For public comments and questions during the meeting call (818) 937-8100.
City staff will be submitting these questions and comments in real time to the appropriate person during the Glendale City Council meeting.
- Item 1c, 1d, and 3b were added
- Item 4a was revised
CLOSED SESSION – 1:00 PM (To Commence at 2:00 PM)
Conference with real property negotiators: Property location - 216 N. Brand Blvd and 116 W. California Avenue. Negotiating parties: Glendale Arts. Agency negotiators attending the closed session are: Roubik Golanian, Mike Garcia, Gillian van Muyden, Philip Lanzafame, Michele Flynn and Jennifer Hiramoto. Instructions to the negotiator(s) will concern the price and terms for the lease of property
Public Employment – City Manager
Conference with Legal Counsel - Pending Litigation: Jung v. City of Glendale, L.A.S.C. Case No. BC717130
Conference with Legal Counsel - Pending Litigation: Glendale Coalition for a Better Gov’t v. City of Glendale, L.A.S.C. Case No. BS147376 ; Saavedra et al. v. City of Glendale, L.A.S.C. Case No. BC539160
REGULAR BUSINESS AGENDA – 6:00 PM Roll Call
Flag Salute: Council Member
Invocation: Aram Adjemian, City Clerk
Report of City Clerk, re: Posting of Agenda. The Agenda for the January 12, 2021 Regular Meeting of the Glendale City Council was Posted on December 31, 2020 on the Bulletin Board Outside City Hall
PRESENTATIONS AND APPOINTMENTS
Agenda Preview for the Meetings of Tuesday, January 19, 2021
CONSENT ITEMS (Including Minutes)
The following are Routine and May be Acted Upon by One Motion. Any Member of Council or the Audience Requesting Separate Consideration May do so by Making Such Request Before Motion is Proposed.
City Clerk, re: Minutes of the Regular City Council meeting of December 08, 2020 and December 15, 2020, Successor Agency meeting of December 08, 2020, Regular Housing Authority meeting of December 15, 2020, and Joint Housing and City Council meeting of December 15, 2020
Public Works, re: The Pacific Park Playground and Pool Shade Structure Design Contract
1. Motion authorizing the Interim City Manager to execute an amendment to the existing Professional Services Agreement (C106901) with RJM Design Group, Inc. for Professional Design and Engineering Services for the Pacific Park Playground and Pool Shade Structure Project, increasing the amount by $49,600 to a new not-to-exceed amount of $157,300
Community Services and Parks, re: Acceptance of final round of Meals on Wheels COVID-19 Response Fund grant in support of the Elderly Nutrition Program
1. Motion accepting final round of Meals on Wheels COVID-19 Response Fund grant from Meals on Wheels America (MOWA) in the amount of $35,000 for Elderly Nutrition Program services; and authorizing the Interim City Manager, or a designee to execute all agreements, certifications, and documents necessary to accept and implement funding
2. Resolution of Appropriation to appropriate final round of Meals on Wheels COVID-19 Response Fund grant funds in the amount of $35,000 from Meals On Wheels America (MOWA) for the purchase of equipment/supplies for the Elderly Nutrition Program
Management Services, re: Polystyrene and Single-Use Plastic Ban
1. Motion providing direction to staff to prepare an ordinance prohibiting the use of polystyrene and single-use plastic products in all City facilities, City-managed concessions, City-sponsored events, and City-permitted events that serve prepared food
Community Development, re: Appeal of Design Review Board's approval of DRB Case No. PDR 1918581 for 1226 Vista Court (Continued from 11/17/20)
1. Motion to sustain the Design Review Board's decision and approve the project
2. Motion reversing the Design Review Board's decision, continuing the matter to December 1, 2020 and directing the City Attorney to prepare findings reversing the Design Review Board’s decision and denying the project
3. Motion to remand the project to the Design Review Board for consideration
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS Discussion is Limited to Items NOT a Part of this Agenda. Council May Question or Respond to The Speaker But There Will be no Debate or Decision. The City Manager May Refer the Matter to the Appropriate Department for Investigation and Report.